Companies in virtually every industry across the US are grappling with a very challenging business climate coupled with the prospect of a recession. When faced with the need to downsize your workforce, proper planning will make all the difference in the world. Recent news stories have highlighted both the legal missteps and employee relations disasters caused by companies who simply don’t understand how to do this right.
This webinar will focus on the most important steps in this process including:
- Ensuring an appropriate business justification
- Implementing a legally-compliant selection process
- Minimizing legal claims via a disparate impact analysis
- Determining how much advance notice to give
- Arriving at the appropriate level of severance benefits
- Creating a severance agreement that will comply with all jurisdictions where impacted employees “work”
- Effective messaging to all key stakeholders
- Facing challenges when laying off remote employees
Hirschfeld Kraemer partner Steve Hirschfeld will moderate a discussion with his SoCal partner Kirstin Muller, and associate Anna Pham, along with nationally renowned labor economist Dr. Mike DuMond from Berkeley Research Group.
Click here to register to watch this webinar on-demand
*1.5 hours of MCLE/CLE credit will be available to attendees*
Click here to view the webinar slides