- This event has passed.
Title IX ASAP 2-Day Training Workshops – August 7 and 8, 2018 (Santa Monica)
August 7, 2018 @ 8:30 am - August 8, 2018 @ 4:00 pm
Hirschfeld Kraemer LLP Partner Natasha Baker is once again offering her popular 2-Day Title IX ASAP Training Workshops in our Santa Monica office on August 7 and 8, 2018. You can register for both days, or just one.
Who Should Attend: Coordinators, Diversity Officers, Student Affairs, Campus Safety, Campus Counsel, Athletic Directors & Staff, Student Conduct and Grievance Officers, Residence Life Staff and Investigators.
DAY 1: Title IX ASAP For Campus Administrators – Tues., August 7, 2018
DAY 2: Conducting Title IX Campus Investigations – Wed., August 8, 2018
Day 1: Title IX ASAP For Campus Administrators
Overview of the legal and regulatory guidance governing Title IX and applying this guidance to develop a compliant process. Topics include:
- Title IX and related Office for Civil Rights guidance documents; Clery Act amendments;
- Summary of recent state legislation and relevant case law on sexual misconduct on campus;
- Examination of pending federal legislation that may influence Title IX enforcement;
- Creation and ongoing review of a fair and compliant Title IX process;
- SPAR – Stop Prevent and Remedy – a recipe for success;
- Key policies and provisions including consent and/or affirmative consent, confidentiality, amnesty;
- Overview of the investigation process;
- Impact of drugs, alcohol, and trauma;
- Involvement of local law enforcement;
- Development of compliant training program for faculty, staff, and students.
Day 2: Conducting Title IX Campus Investigations
An in-depth examination of a trauma-informed investigation, including a case study. Topics include:
- Types of sexual violence
- Standard of review for sexual violence complaints
- Consent and how drugs/alcohol impact consent
- Effects of trauma, including neurobiological change
- Requirements of due process and procedural fairness
- Cultural awareness; and
- How to conduct investigations, interview persons subjected to sexual violence, determine credibility, evaluate evidence in an impartial manner, and reach a determination.
To register, click here.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Follow us on twitter for Title IX updates.