- This event has passed.
Understanding the Laws on Campus Sexual Assault (Day 1) and Conducting Trauma-Informed Investigations (Day 2)
December 5, 2017 @ 5:30 am - December 6, 2017 @ 1:00 pm
Training for Coordinators, Diversity Officers, Student Affairs, Campus Safety, Campus Counsel, Athletic Directors & Staff, Student Conduct and Grievance Officers, Residence Life Staff and Investigators.
Title IX ASAP
The agenda for this in-depth training includes:
- An overview of the legal and regulatory guidance (Title IX and related Office for Civil Rights guidance documents; Clery Act amendments) governing Title IX and applying this guidance to develop a compliant process.
- Examination of pending federal legislation that may influence Title IX enforcement.
- Creation and ongoing review of a fair and compliant process for fact-finding and decision-making.
- Understanding how to SPAR – Stop Prevent and Remedy – sexual violence and sexual harassment.
- Key policies and provisions including consent and/or affirmative consent, confidentiality, amnesty.
- Overview of the investigation process (not the nuts and bolts which is covered in our Title IX ASAP: Conducting Campus Sexual Assault Investigations)
- Partnering with on and off campus resources, including agencies and local law enforcement
- Working to develop a compliant training program for faculty, staff and students
Conducting Title IX Investigations
An in-depth examination of a trauma-informed investigation, including a case study.
- Types of sexual violence
- Standard of review for sexual violence complaints
- Consent and how drugs/alcohol impact consent
- Effects of trauma, including neurobiological change
- Requirements of due process and procedural fairness
- Cultural awareness
- How to: conduct investigations; interview persons subjected to sexual violence; determine credibility; evaluate evidence in an impartial manner and reach a determination.
Follow us on twitter for Title IX updates.
Watch All Pre-Session Videos prior to day 1 training. Allow approximately 1½ hours total viewing time.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.