- This event has passed.
Webinar: Employee Remuneration in Africa and the Middle East: Challenges and Opportunities for Employers
July 28, 2016 @ 12:00 am - 1:30 am
You are invited to a free 90-minute webinar on Thursday, July 28, 2016 entitled, “Employee Remuneration in Africa and the Middle East: Challenges and Opportunities for Employers.”
Employers and employees alike are facing myriad challenges at their work places with regard to remuneration and benefits. For employers with operations across the globe, the challenges are even greater as they work to comply with local laws regardless of where their employees are located. This webinar features experienced lawyers from Africa and the Middle East, who will examine the differences among jurisdictional laws and offer practical insight, guidance, and best practices into how employers can address the following key issues:
- To what extent are employers bound to honour fixed bonuses and other emoluments, especially when they are not satisfied with an employee’s performance?
- Should a director accept such bonuses when the company is in financial strain?
- What is the effect of receivership on employees?
- In the International Arena, to what extent can an employer claim diplomatic immunity in a labour law situation?
- Is it discrimination to offer expats different benefits from those accorded to local employees?
Please share this invitation with as many of your colleagues as you want and encourage them to also register. If you will be in the same room listening together, only one person needs to register. If you will be in different offices or locations, each person will need to register. You will view the power point slides via your computer and can listen either via your computer speakers or the telephone.
To register for this webinar, click here.
If it is difficult for you or others to attend, the webinar will be recorded and posted on the ELA website within a week of the live event; you are welcome to listen to it there. We encourage you to take advantage of this free webinar.