- This event has passed.
Title IX ASAP: Conducting Trauma-Informed Investigations
August 8, 2017 @ 5:30 am - 1:30 pm
Training for Coordinators, Diversity Officers, Student Affairs, Campus Safety, Campus Counsel, Athletic Directors & Staff, Student Conduct and Grievance Officers, Residence Life Staff and Investigators.
Conducting Title IX Investigations
An in-depth examination of a trauma-informed investigation, including a case study.
- Types of sexual violence
- Standard of review for sexual violence complaints
- Consent and how drugs/alcohol impact consent
- Effects of trauma, including neurobiological change
- Requirements of due process and procedural fairness
- Cultural awareness
- How to: conduct investigations; interview persons subjected to sexual violence; determine credibility; evaluate evidence in an impartial manner and reach a determination.