- This event has passed.
Learn, Lead, and Prevent : Anti-Harassment Training For Executives, Managers, Supervisors, Oct. 3, 2019 (Napa)
October 3, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Hirschfeld Kraemer LLP is pleased to offer our two-hour Learn, Lead, and Prevent: Anti-Harassment Training for Executives, Managers, and Supervisors seminar, in three locations:
SAN FRANCISCO – October 2, 2019
NAPA – October 3, 2019
SANTA MONICA – October 23, 2019
In 2019, California has raised the bar in aggressively addressing head-on the epidemic of workplace harassment – and Hirschfeld Kraemer has responded with significant updates to its standard-setting programs. We have new content to share that incorporates the recently enacted SB 1300 changes to the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, ensuring comprehensive compliance with mandatory training requirements.
During our highly interactive two-hour training, executives, managers, and supervisors will learn to fully understand the role they must play in creating a harassment-free workplace, and their responsibility to address issues and complaints that arise.
Human resources and organizational training executives take note that the new laws mandate that:
- All organizations with 5 or more employees must provide two hours of compliant training for supervisors and one hour for non-supervisors.
- The training must be interactive, comprehensively addressing law, policy, and reporting protocols relating to sexual and other forms of harassment, bullying, and gender identity/expression and sexual orientation discrimination.
- Given the radical changes to the definition of “hostile environment” under the new law, this revised training must be conducted in 2019 to meet the January 1, 2020 deadline.
The June 2016 EEOC Task Force Report on Sexual Harassment Prevention Training suggested that the most common form of training – delivered online, with a focus on liability and risk management – does very little to prevent gender-based abusive conduct. The results of the task force validated what the lawyers at Hirschfeld Kraemer LLP have known and practiced for over 20 years: that true prevention training must be delivered live in a highly interactive format that meaningfully challenges “business as usual” workplace stereotypes of gender and power.
This supervisor program offers powerful lessons in leadership and response to address gender discrimination, sexual harassment and abusive conduct. After completing this course, managers will understand exactly what their role is in creating a respectful and harassment-free workplace and what to do if they either suspect a problem, or an employee comes to complain to them.
COST: $195 per person. Includes all course materials and continental breakfast.
- SAN FRANCISCO – Oct. 2, 2019, 10am-noon: email Mary Spadaro
- NAPA – Oct. 3, 2019, 10am-noon: email Mary Spadaro
- SANTA MONICA – Oct. 23, 2019, 10am-noon: email Karen Torres
MCLE and HRCI credit available.
REGISTER EARLY! Attendance is limited to 25 attendees per session. This gives us the opportunity to spend more time with each attendee and answer as many questions as possible.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received in writing by email to Karen Torres seven (7) days before the seminar in order to receive a refund. No refunds will be given after that time. Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
For content-related questions, email Glen Kraemer or Steve Hirschfeld.
Questions regarding registration? Santa Monica – email Karen Torres; San Francisco or Napa – email Mary Spadaro.