- This event has passed.
Internal Investigations Training (Napa) 9/20/2018
September 20, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Hirschfeld Kraemer LLP is pleased to offer our comprehensive full-day seminar on Conducting an Effective Internal Investigation in Napa on September 20, 2018. (Note this training is also available in Santa Monica on September 27 and San Francisco on September 12)
During this engaging, interactive seminar, our experienced employment law attorneys will guide you and your staff through the crucial internal investigation process. You will learn and practice the skills necessary to conduct an investigation into any type of employee misconduct claim.
Who should attend: Human resources professionals, security personnel, loss prevention and risk management personnel, and in-house counsel.
You will learn:
- Why a comprehensive investigations program implemented by trained personnel is so important for your organization. We will review the legal, practical, and employee morale benefits associated with a thorough grievance policy and investigations procedure administered by trained investigators.
- Claim Intake: Ensure that you use this critical opportunity to identify the issues being alleged, how to work with a reluctant claimant, gather the material facts presented by the claimant, avoid the pitfalls of a secrecy pact, and create appropriate confirming documentation.
- Interim Action: How to determine whether the respondent (or, in rare circumstances, the claimant) should be placed on administrative leave, and under what conditions. We will include specific content on threat investigation concerns and related administrative leave issues.
- Limiting the Scope of an Investigation: The “art” behind ordering interviewees to appropriately limit the scope of the investigation process while minimizing the potential for retaliation.
- Effective Questioning Techniques through participation in a detailed, seven-part sexual harassment case study, taking participants through each of the key aspects of a professional internal investigation (claim intake, respondent interview, and witness interviews).
- Proper Use of Credibility Assessment Tools, including assessment of corroborating and circumstantial evidence.
- Burden of Proof: How to apply the appropriate burden of proof for alleged claims.
- Reporting: How to draft a comprehensive, legally defensible investigation report.
Cost: $395 per person. Includes all course materials and continental breakfast.
Thursday, September 20, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Register early! Attendance is limited. This gives us the opportunity to spend more time with each attendee and answer as many questions as possible.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received in writing by email to email@example.com seven (7) days before the seminar in order to receive a refund. No refunds will be given after that time. Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
Questions? Email Judy Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org