Principles and Practice of Threat Assessment for Violence Prevention
Are you prepared to assess and mitigate the risk of targeted violence on your campus or in your workplace?
Designed for social workers, school administrators, educators, school counselors, human resource professionals, security and law enforcement professionals, and all others interested in developing and/or enhancing their threat assessment and management skills. Join us for an in-depth training seminar that will prepare you to assess and mitigate acts of violence.
- Threat Assessment Principles and Conceptual Basis
- Development, Role, and Responsibility of Multidisciplinary Threat Teams
- Strategies for Information Gathering and Assessment of Risk
- Best Practices for Risk Mitigation and Intervention Strategies
- The Role of the Social Worker as a Threat Team Member and Intervention Agent
Learning Objectives include:
- Understanding the principles and practice of threat assessment
- Learning to develop, manage and participate on threat assessment teams
- Crafting and applying multidisciplinary and collaborative approaches to threat management and risk mitigation
- Integrating early identification and effective problem resolution as violence prevention tools
- Developing skills to address impact of violence on individuals and organizations
- Gathering and assessing information to identify risk in order to design and implement threat management interventions
- Mitigating acts of targeted violence, helping to restore troubled persons to healthy and appropriate levels of conduct
Taught by nationally recognized experts in Threat Assessment, Law Enforcement, and Mental Health, this course features evidence-based data driven approaches to professional principles, practice and application of threat assessment.
Violence prevention is more than a deterrence of harm, but also a restoration of health and well-being for both the individual and the impacted community.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion and CEU units upon completion of this two-day training program. CEU details can be found below.
Friday, November 8 & Saturday, November 9, 2019
8:00am – 4:30pm
$800 – Early Bird Registration (before Sept. 17), and USC Alumni
$1,000 – Standard Registration (after Sept. 17)
TO SEE DETAILED SCHEDULE, SPEAKER BIOS, AND TO REGISTER: CLICK HERE