Title IX ASAP (March 3rd)
Overview of the legal and regulatory guidance governing Title IX and applying this guidance to develop a compliant process.
- Title IX and related Office for Civil Rights guidance documents, recent
- 2015 Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (Campus SaVE) and
- Clery Act;
- Summary of recent state legislation on sexual misconduct on campus;
- Examination of pending federal legislation that may influence Title IX enforcement;
- Creation and ongoing review of a fair and compliant Title IX process;
- SPAR – Stop Prevent and Remedy – a recipe for success;
- Key policies and provisions including consent and/or affirmative consent, confidentiality, amnesty;
- Overview of the investigation process;
- Impact of drugs, alcohol, and trauma;
- Involvement of local law enforcement;
- Development of compliant training program for faculty, staff & students.
For a detailed description of the program agenda, click here.
Conducting Title IX Investigations (March 4th)
An in-depth examination of a compliant Title IX investigation, including a real-life case study.
- Types of sexual violence (same-sex);
- Standard of review for sexual violence complaints;
- Consent and how drugs/alcohol impact consent;
- Effects of trauma, including neurobiological change;
- Cultural awareness;
- How to: conduct investigations; interview persons subjected to sexual violence; determine credibility; evaluate evidence in an impartial manner;
- Remedial actions for the institution and community members.
For a detailed description of the Conducting Title IX Investigations, click here.
Attendees are encouraged to participate in both days to learn the latest on Title IX regulations and how to apply these new rules on your campus. One-day registration is also available.
Two days of training (Title IX ASAP & Conducting Campus Investigations) is $1,390 per attendee.
One day of training (either Title IX ASAP or Conducting Campus Investigations) is $695 per attendee.
Discounts available for five or more attendees from the same institution.
Registration fee includes training, pre-sessions videos for Title IX ASAP and all handouts. Breakfast and lunch will also be provided.