NHRA Annual Legal Update – Half-Day Seminar
Join Hirschfeld Kraemer’s Kirstin Muller and Light Gabler’s Jonathan Fraser Light as they provide a half-day overview of of EEO decisions, legislation, and cultural movements from 2018 and their impact on how your organization should operate in 2019 and beyond.
Topics include how the #MeToo movement started with sexual harassment and has impacted everything from job interviews to arbitration and severance agreements; ban the box; and more.
- Review new California state employment laws
- Overview of Dynamex and Starbucks cases
- Rigid new case law on independent contractors
- New case law on off-the-clock or “de minimis” work
- Staffing agency non-liability for meals and rest breaks
- Other wage and hour case law and 2019 statutes – 109 new employment laws!
January 23, 2019
8:00am – 12 noon
Registration 7:15am-7:45am; breakfast included
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Best Western Thousand Oaks Inn
75 W. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks, CA
RSVP by January 21, 2019
NHRA Members: $40 – Non-Members: $50
3.5 hours HRCI credit available