On September 19, 2018, Glen Kraemer presented a live, 60-minute webinar entitled “Preventing Workplace Violence: Managing the Troubled Employee” to the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA).
This program is a multi-disciplinary examination of best practices concerning workplace violence prevention. Behavioral, legal and managerial considerations will be examined, with a specific emphasis on the role of the human resources professional within the workplace violence prevention team structure. Law and policy concerning social media monitoring, recent disability law developments concerning troubled employees, and the termination of dangerous individuals will be reviewed.
- Describe the composition and training of a workplace violence prevention team led by a human resources professional.
- Recognize behavioral warning signs and escalating risk factors, including the nexus between bullying and violence.
- Discuss disability law and accommodation of the troubled employee.
- Examine key considerations in separating the threatening employee safely and legally.
- Identify legal issues concerning social media monitoring of threatening individuals.
ALA membership is not required, but attendees should have a working knowledge of workplace safety issues. No advance preparation is required.
Date/Time: September 19, 2018 – 12:00 noon Pacific
Location: Webinar – login will be sent on registration
Cost: $109 for ALA members / $129 for non-members
- CLM App Management Category -FS: Operations Management
- CLE: Law Practice Management
- HRCI: General Credit
For more information or to register, click HERE.